Tuesday, January 31, 2006

JANUARY ACHIEVEMENTS:

"NASAR One Billion" revised and submitted (3,000 words)
"The Hero's Widow" first draft written (7,500 words)
"Frozen in a Dream" first draft written (10,200 words)
FantasyBookSpot.com reviews of Tong Lashing and Finding Serenity
"A Time Before History" article at EpicSFF.com

Total January submissions: 7
Total January rejections: 2
(also Beyond the Mundane anthology cancelled, so not really a rejection)
Total January acceptances: 1
(Black Gate article, submitted in Dec. 05)
Total outstanding submissions: 14
(as of end of the month)

I've been extremely pleased with this month. I didn't get "Diminished Capacity" completely revised, but that's partly because I have a couple of colleagues reading it who haven't gotten their comments to me. Another change from my goals was that I worked on "Frozen in a Memory" instead of "Poor Richard's Fire" this month, though I exceeded goals in finishing it instead of merely beginning it. This is an auspicious start to 2006, and I look forward to seeing what the rest of the year will bring.

No comments: