Monday, July 01, 2013

Vlogging Success at Geek & Sundry

Today, I received an e-mail telling me that my audition video for the Geek & Sundry vlog channel has been selected to be among the 30 vlogs that move on to the second round of voting. My theme for a vlog was ... Science!

But my aim isn't to do cool science experiments, because - while cool - there's absolutely no shortage of such demonstrations on the internet (and they require a lot of clean-up). Instead, my focus is on the overall culture of science, the way scientific discoveries build on each other, why scientists work the way they do, and so on. Here's my initial audition video!


And, despite not making it into the top 30 in votes, apparently I caught the eye of the channel's founder, Miss Felicia Day herself, because she commented favorably on my YouTube page, and the channel decided to move me forward. I suspect it as the back-up support of Albeart Einstein, sitting there behind me in the video.

Anyway, I'm now working on a second video. I have some ideas, but do you have any suggestions about topics that I should cover? If so, leave a comment, as I'd love to add it to my list of topics to cover.

The second round will begin on July 10 at 10:00 am Pacific/1:00 pm Eastern, along with 29 other candidates. You will be able to vote each day from July 10 through July 19 at midnight Pacific.

The voting matters a lot more in the next round, so keep watching for when the link becomes available for the votes. Thanks!

No comments: