The past year has been mad crazy, but there are some intriguing, nice things about it, with respect to my writing prospects.
- Wrote 7 new stories in 2005.
- Submitted two stories to the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future contest. One was a finalist (only 5 chosen each quarter) and one was a quarter-finalist (top 10% in a quarter).
- Attended the Banff Centre for the Arts "Writing with Style" workshop, instructed by Robert J. Sawyer.
- "Empire of Silk, Empire of Flannel" in the International House of Bubbas anthology.
- "Abraham Lincoln's Children" in ChimeraWorld #2 or, as I like to call it, the anthology of unfortunate cover art. Available in both print-on-demand and e-book.
- "Fantastic Revisions: An Introduction to Fantastic Adventure History" in Internet Review of Science Fiction .
- Column on EpicSFF.com, one article of which was cited by the MSNBC science editor, Alan Boyle, in his blog following Hurricane Katrina.
- Approached by FantasyBookSpot.com to become an Associate Reviewer.
- Video game review in City Slab: Urban Tales of the Grotesque.
- My superhero story, "Sibling Enmity," has been accepted to Cyber-Age Adventures print magazine.
- My apocalyptic tale, "Even Odds," has been accepted to the Revelations anthology.
- Currently have good prospects on a gaming article with Black Gate magazine.
- Ongoing writing for EpicSFF.com and FantasyBookSpot.com
- Dedicate myself to writing 1,000 words a day toward something publishable (i.e. the blog doesn't count).
I will attempt to be more consistent in posting, and will in fact record statistics related to my writing on a monthly basis, along with projections of what I hope to do the upcoming month. That's the plan, at least.
- Complete revisions of "NASAR One Billion" and submit to the Houston, We Have Bubbas anthology.
- Complete revisions of "Diminished Capacity" and submit to a market (probably Writers of the Future).
- Complete first draft of "The Hero's Widow"
- Begin first draft of "Poor Richard's Fire"
- Review 2 books for FantasyBookSpot.com
- Write an article for EpicSFF.com