Tuesday, January 10, 2006

NEW YEAR HOUSEKEEPING FOR THE SOUL:

The past year has been mad crazy, but there are some intriguing, nice things about it, with respect to my writing prospects.
And what, you may ask, is upcoming in 2006? Well, much is unknown, but here's what I'm currently planning:
  • My superhero story, "Sibling Enmity," has been accepted to Cyber-Age Adventures print magazine.
  • My apocalyptic tale, "Even Odds," has been accepted to the Revelations anthology.
  • Currently have good prospects on a gaming article with Black Gate magazine.
  • Ongoing writing for EpicSFF.com and FantasyBookSpot.com
  • Dedicate myself to writing 1,000 words a day toward something publishable (i.e. the blog doesn't count).

I will attempt to be more consistent in posting, and will in fact record statistics related to my writing on a monthly basis, along with projections of what I hope to do the upcoming month. That's the plan, at least.

January goals:

  • Complete revisions of "NASAR One Billion" and submit to the Houston, We Have Bubbas anthology.
  • Complete revisions of "Diminished Capacity" and submit to a market (probably Writers of the Future).
  • Complete first draft of "The Hero's Widow"
  • Begin first draft of "Poor Richard's Fire"
  • Review 2 books for FantasyBookSpot.com
  • Write an article for EpicSFF.com

No comments: